I have been unwell for a couple of weeks and even though it’s a forced rest, it sure isn’t fun at all!
I don’t like to just lay in bed with a big box of tissues, a thermos of honey and lemon, and the woes is me feeling. I mean who likes that feeling? Especially when we are having beautiful weather outside.
I like to lay in bed but not for theses reasons.
5 reasons why I don’t like to be sick
- I cant think clearly and my head is foggy.
- My ears get blocked ( I cant hear what people are saying to me), I have no sense of taste (and I love my food!)
- I’m sluggish and slow
- I begin to feel sorry for myself
- I don’t get anything done (or not much at all) – for example getting My 30 Days of Zentangles. A Beginner’s Journey (now I’m behind. I think I’m upto Zentangle 11). I suppose it shows that nothing always goes according to plan and we have to adapt and be flexible. Oh well, I’m not intending on playing catch because that would defeat the purpose behind creating the Zentangle. So I will just keep Zentangle-ing at a relaxed and zen pace 🙂
My thinking is that I obviously needed to slow down and needed to rest but that doesn’t mean I have to like it. Sometimes you wish it upon yourself to have a forced break otherwise you’d never take it. A getaway is what I’d prefer :). I bet you have similar reasons.
5 things I did to get well. My wellness tips.
- Drank lots of warm water (sometimes with honey and lemon) & home made fresh fruit juice
- Made good use of my Doterra essential oils, in particular oils blends like Breathe, OnGuard, and single oils like Lavender, and lemon.
- Had Chinese back scrapping done to me to release the “heat” and applied OnGuard (Doterra essential oil) immediately after. This worked a real treat. Looks painful and almost abusive but I went to sleep straight after and slept like a baby. Waking up the next day I felt so refreshed as if I only caught a mild flu.
- Slept lots
- Took myself out to get some vitamin D (a bit of sunlight is just what the body, mind and soul needs)
One other thing I did was air out the rooms in my home daily to expel that sick air. I didn’t take any pharmaceuticals (because I prefer the natural remedies to wellness). I have, for a many years used homeopathy and naturopathy to keep us all well and now more recently I have added the use of essential oils.
I’ll tell you more about my Doterra experience in another post and what my son and husband said but for now I wanted to let you know that we all benefited greatly from the natural remedies (the healthier option to wellness).