I was looking at a blank page in my sketchbook contemplating what the next sketch should be.
Sitting at my desk very early in the morning, looking around my art studio thinking “should I sketch that? or that? or that? or that?!” (yes getting in my head again). It’s a habit that I will disappear over time. Like anything it takes practice.
Nothing at the time seemed good enough for a crisp new untainted page in my precious Moleskine Watercolor Sketchbook.
Can you relate?
Then it came to me “what makes me happy?”
- colourful floating balloons
- the beach on a fine day, the blueness of our Perth beaches, the soft cool sand between my toes
- my wow cow (yes I have a plush toy cow that I call my wow cow because life is about living your wow!)
- seeing an apple tree from a window with shutters of country cottage (you know, hubby asked where abouts that sketch is from my response was “from my mind!” – I see happy things!)
- blowing bubbles makes me very happy and I still do it! Blowing bubbles from my balcony, watching them float away in the wind and the child like wonderment and excitement I often have that goes with that. I wonder and hope that someone in their backyard sees my bubbles and becomes curious about the origins of these bubbles in their garden and hearing the excitement of kids seeing those bubbles float past. That puts a smile on my face and makes me happy.
- our lime green scooter that we’ve had for at least 8 years. The scooter is a symbol of the carefree and live in the moment life and attitude we have now. We often jump on the scooter and go for a scooter ride, just because!
What makes you happy?
Take time to think about it and even draw it, share it with me if you want to.