“Happiness is not something you chase, happiness is something you choose.” – Aggie Lim
“When I was 5 years old my mum always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy”. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life.” – Anonymous
I’m a kid at heart and I love to do things that make me happy and be around happy people.
Hi I’m Aggie,
I consider myself a drawer of the daily, an everyday artist, a daily doodler, a pocket painter, keeping an illustrated journal of everyday life.
My blog, DrawntoExplore is about exploring, discovering, and experiencing life, love, happiness and the world around me through food, travel, art, relationships and story telling. My mission is to inspire others to make more time to explore, discover and experience our world and to do more of what makes us happy on a daily basis.
- I’m a retired psychologist. I’ve helped many people with stress and pain management, career transition and redirection, anxiety and general life challenges.
- I’ve worked in the health and wellness industry for 15 years, and owned and operated a health and wellness centre for just as long, employing massage therapists, chiropractor, psychologists, naturopath, personal trainers (taking a holistic approach to the health and well-being of the people we cared for).
- I was also a qualified personal fitness trainer, life coach and Passion Strategist (the first and only in Perth) helping people to reconnect with their passion and purpose through a holistic process of integrated awareness involving guided meditation, creativity, incorporating the mind, body and heart in this process of self discovery.
- I’ve developed and presented leadership and mindset training locally and nationally, including on stage and webinar training to hundreds and thousands of people. I was often invited as a guest speaker to present on these topics and always happily accepted. because I love to share, inspire and educate.
- On a personal level I trained for a year to do the Everest Base Camp trek but due to illness in the family, I naturally chose to postpone my adventure trek, because family always comes first!
From my years in practice and working with people, I discovered that life is really quite simple, ultimately people just want to be happy. Regardless of age, culture, occupation or anything else, we all want to be happy and have happy moments and experiences in life.
To see a person light up, seeing them smiling and laughing, walking with a spring in their step, and watching someone come to life and become animated with boundless energy and enthusiasm inspires me tremendously, puts a smile on my face and warms my heart.
I simply blog and sketch about my life, the world around me and things that make me happy, healthy and smile. I consider myself to be a life enthusiast, embracing life, being grateful everyday for the things I have and the people in my life.
What makes me happy?
I enjoy connecting with adventurous, creative happy people from all around the world, which is one of the reasons why I started this blog. I’m here to connect, inspire and share my experiences, and to explore aspects of my world in whatever form.
I love sketching on location (I’m often asked how I got into sketching and lots assume I have been doing it forever, which is not the case at all). I’m pretty much self taught and I’m very much new to art. You can find out here how and why I started sketching. I love learning about cultures and exploring, discovering and experiencing people and the world.
Love what you do, do what you love, embrace life……and be grateful everyday!
“When you are happy, you are healthy, it’s a choice
So, why not choose to be happy everyday?!”
Do happy things!
………..So you’d like to know just a little more about me? Click here